Storm on the Mediterranean
I’m sure it’s not the Mediterranean’s fault, but I gained five pounds in a week. The reason was, no doubt, that I
- went to the grocery store and stocked up on food (bad, bad, bad: now there’s food in the house. A box of raisins is an invitation to binge)
- for financial reasons, fired my beloved trainer (bad, bad, bad: now there’s no weight training)
- was only called to work on one day (bad, bad, bad: now I’m bored, bored, bored)
- spent several days away from home helping out my daughter (bad, bad, bad: now control of my schedule, diet, and routine is out the window)
- the uncertainty of my apartment and financial situation caused considerable stress (bad, bad, bad: the number one binge trigger)
So the question is: should I try another week? I think I will. The apartment/financial/moving thing has been beautifully resolved for the next six months after which I will have to make another decision. So I can probably hire back my trainer. The work pace will be back to normal within a week we expect. And the box of raisins is empty.